For Media Inquiries:
Matt Puplett, email@example.com
(32) 0475 39 14 25
Mentor announces launch of CPX™4 Tissue Expander in EMEA.
Shape an ideal path to reconstruction.
Following FDA approval for the US market in April, Mentor, leading global manufacturer of the
highest quality breast implants is proud to announce the availability of the CPX™4 Tissue Expander in
the EMEA markets from June 12th 2013.
With three contoured shapes designed to accommodate patient needs, the CPX™4 Expander
continues the heritage of the CPX™ Family of Tissue Expanders with three new developments,
designed for safety, patient comfort, and ease-of-use:
1) Softer, more flexible BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch for enhanced patient comfort.
2) Directionally focused expansion for a more natural breast appearance.
3) Unmatched safety features for greater procedural confidence.
The launch of the CPX™4 Tissue Expander in EMEA means that patients in these markets will now
benefit from the trusted and proven proprietary BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch and the posterior
Dacron® Patch* which focus the expansion toward the lower pole of the breast to maximize lower
pole projection and minimize undesired shape distortion.
In addition, health care professionals will appreciate the more pliant proprietary BufferZone™ Patch,
smooth injection dome and enhanced shell pliability which ensure easier device insertion and
With patient safety a key priority, the proprietary BufferZone™ Self-Sealing Patch has at least 1.5
times – and at most 5.7 times – the surface area of the injection dome, reducing the risk of device
leakage from inadvertent needle puncture.
Further safety and comfort features include:
• The MENTOR® Centerscope™ Magnetic Detection Device which clearly indicates the optimal
location of the fill port on the patient’s skin.
• Optional suture tabs offer additional stability for better positional control and symmetry in
bilateral breast reconstruction.
• The patented SILTEX™ Texture shell which provides a disruptive surface for collagen
interface and creates a surface substantially free of pores and interstices to prevent pooling
or sequestration of body fluids.
© Mentor Worldwide LLC 2013 1305053
• Optional suturing tabs at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions of MENTOR® Tissue Expanders‡ which
allow for left to right alignment during expander placement. A tab at the 6 o’clock position
allows fixation at the inferior pole of the expander to help define and control the location of
the reconstructed Inframammary fold.
The CPX™4 Tissue Expander with enhanced safety, patient comfort, and ease-of-use features will be
available in EMEA from June 12th 2013.
For more information on reconstruction possibilities, visit the website www.mentorwwllc.eu
*Dacron is a registered trademark of Invista, Inc.
‡ Suture tabs available on CPX™4with Suture Tabs Tissue Expander.
About Mentor Worldwide LLC
Founded in 1969, Mentor Worldwide LLC is a leading supplier of medical products for the global
aesthetic medicine market. The Company develops, manufactures and markets innovative, sciencebased
products for aesthetics markets around the world. Our commitment to the surgeons and
patients who use our products is to provide the highest standard of quality, proven safe and
effective clinical outcomes and differentiated service, every day. This is at the core of who we are as
the leader in breast aesthetics, built upon our 50 year dedication and our long term commitment to
advance plastic surgery to restore body and life. Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Mentor
has manufacturing and research operations in the United States, Mauritius, and the Netherlands.
The Mentor Worldwide LLC Pledge
To our Mentor Customers and Patients, we pledge to you our commitment to excellence.
We abide by the following guiding principles:
• Our primary concern is always for the health and safety of our patients.
• Mentor is dedicated to effectively inform and reassure the patient about her decision to have
breast augmentation with MENTOR® Breast Implants.
• We also provide women with comprehensive education that highlights our commitment to
breast cancer awareness and the reconstruction solutions that restore patients’ self-esteem and
quality of life.
• Mentor, the #1 worldwide leader in breast aesthetics, offers MENTOR® Breast Implants and
PERTHESE™ Breast Implants, providing our customers and patients with the broadest range of
breast implant sizes and styles.
• MENTOR® Breast Implants and PERTHESE™ Breast Implants are CE-Marked. MENTOR®
MemoryGel™ Breast Implants are also approved by the FDA (United Food and Drug
Administration) (Round-Shaped only). We are committed to maintaining vigilant reporting.
These procedures continuously monitor the safe and effective use of our products in active
partnership with Global Regulatory Authorities.
• We offer professional education to the healthcare community to ensure that our products are
used correctly and in a compliant manner.
• At Mentor, we are committed to making safe products that offer high quality, reliability and
state-of-the-art design to enhance aesthetic and reconstructive procedures.